◦ Organic Pomegranate CO2 Extract contains 60% Punicic acid; an Omega 5 fatty acid known for it's reparative and anti-inflammatory benefits. Added to this, the super-pure CO2 extraction method retains more of the bioactive part of the oil known as the unsaponifiable fraction. In a Pomegranate extract, this fraction includes different forms of vitamin E to protect your skin from free radical damage, as well as plant sterols - lipids which work to strengthen cell structures like the cholesterol found in our own skin.
Our current CO2 batch has 3.5% unsaponifiable content, and it's sourced directly from a high quality, specialist producer in Germany.
◦ Glyceryl glucoside is a clever stress protection sugar molecule which speeds up the transport of water in the skin, for a super hydrating boost. Added to this, it provides a physical cushion between cells in times of low humidity, preventing the frictional damage which can lead to a cycle of rough, dry skin.
In a study where Glycerol Glucoside was applied to human skin cells, it also up-regulated the production of the antioxidant Superoxide Dismutase inside skin those cells by up to 280%. It's the perfect ingredient for keeping skin functional and healthy in challenging conditions.
◦ Meadowfoam seed oil , Jojoba Esters and Squalane are included to decrease water loss, improve skin suppleness and aid barrier repair.The carefully chosen combination creates a substantive yet non-heavy feel, as well as being ideal for sensitive skin. Additionally, none of these lipids are considered to be comedogenic - great if you're acne prone yet still need skin barrier help.
◦ Bisabolol is well known for its soothing and brightening properties. Even though it's found in Chamomile, the cosmetic source comes from the Candeia tree. We source from an FSC certified supplier with fantastic sustainability and social credentials; you can read more on that here.
◦ Fermented extracts are part of our preservative system, they contain a standarized combination of plant phelonics and anti-microbial peptides to keep your product safe from contamination. We use them because they work, while performing well in allergy and irritant testing. An added bonus is that they introduce 1% overall peptide content into the formula, making them functional ingredients with added moisturisation benefits.